Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Most Overrated Holiday Of The Year

AKA- New Year's Eve!!

It's a night in which everyone in New York City pays an exhorbitant amount of money to go to a bar with 300 other people that they don't know in order to have a great time. Chances are that you won't have a good time and it'll be a gaggle of bridge and tunnel weirdos ruining your night.



I like to consider New Year's "amateur night." People who don't normally go out tend to consider themselves badasses on New Year's, which makes it hard for people who actually want to enjoy themselves when there are idiots running around the city.

Why can't I just go to a party at someones house and hang out with friends? Why is it now the norm for everyone to pay $150 for a ticket to a bar you could get into for free on any other night of the year?

This year, in protest of stupidity, I will be having a frill-free New Year's Eve. I'm going to attend a house party and I will wear jeans. I might even wear a sweatshirt. Take that, slutty-girls from Long Island!

No comments: